Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Posts: 38
Registered: ‎11-28-2011
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: asdf
Accepted Solution

Cannot deploy my app on the simulator anymore

[ Edited ]

Since 4 days ago I cannot deploy and run my app on the simulator anymore, I get this message all the time:


Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
Info: Action: Install and Launch
Info: Debug native: on
Info: File size: 482774
Info: Installing eir.bb10.CorporateContacts.testDev_ateContacts1e5ecb89...
Info: Processing 482774 bytes


What could be the problem? I am using the latest NDK, reinstalled everything, using 3 different simulators, including the newest, but without success.


I would appreciate any help. This is very annoying, because I cannot do any work and ship the expected app updates, I'm dealing with the dev environment for 4 days! I have worked on many platforms and with many different tools, but I've never experienced anything like this.

New Developer
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: BB 10

Re: Cannot deploy my app on the simulator anymore

I was facing the same issue but the following procedure works for me.


1. Uninstall the simulator completely (By deleting the VMWare Files)

2. Install a fresh copy of Simulator.

3. Be sure that you have built your application successfully before running it on simulator.

4. First try to run your application without debugging if u get success then try for debugging.

Note : Please don't change any setting in the Setting of Simulator specially Time and Date Just confirm that whether Development Mode is On or Off. If it is off, turn it on. Also don't change VM Machine settings like RAM or No. of Processors.


Hope it would work for you.


Muhammad Faheem Amjad

Posts: 38
Registered: ‎11-28-2011
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: asdf

Re: Cannot deploy my app on the simulator anymore

Thanks for the reply!


I managed to get things running in a similar way. I uninstalled everything, including the NDK, and started anew. I reverted to VMWare Player v.4. I work mainly with an outdated simulator, that one runs the fastest for me, although the latest runs now too.


Still, EVERY deployment on a simulator takes several attempts, I don't remember when was the last time the app deployed and run correctly on the first attempt. I also change the upload settings, switching between "install bar" and "clean install", those two work most often for me. Another thing to try in between is to go for debugging directly, if Run does not work...


This is a terrible experience and it is very time consuming, as I end up wasting most of my time attempting to run my app on the simulator, instead of doing productive coding. Sorry BlackBerry, but that's worse than developing for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Java ME... I develop for all those systems and never had any such issue with any of them.


One of the reasons for the app to start working again may have to do something with the code, because it contained errors, but the build always passed successfully and I was never shown any error message, neither in the IDE nor in the Simulator. Anyway, I will never know if my code had anything to do with the problem cause, since the "hack" required an older VM etc. But I write this so that people know that it theoretically can be hindering the deployment too.