Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

Cascades image button

Hi all BB10 Cascades developers,

Could you help me because I'm a little bit comfused and I'm not sure how to answer that question : is it better to use a Button and intercept onClicked or use an ImageView and intercept onTouch ?

Of course, I don't need to put text on the Button but just an image, so I'm asking what the difference between the Button with an image only and the ImageView solution ?
I'd rather use the ImageView solution because the look of the button just annoys me but I'm not sure if it's a good solution...

Can you help please ?

Laurent

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bite Latvia

Re: Cascades image button

Hi,

I guess there is no, currently, any other way to create custom look for elements in BB10. So ImageView is the only choice for you.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If you want the app to have the Cascades "look", then you obviously need to use the Button.

If you just want to have an image a user can tap, then use the ImageView. Note that unless you implement appropriate animation or visual feedback when they tap it, you're not likely going to have as pleasant a user experience as with the Button, and the app may not seem as "native".

It's your choice.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Thank you.

I think I'll use buttons because users know they can click a button to perform an action...

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps