Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry10 Simulator
My Carrier: none

Close app after invocation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

my App reads in a file binary. I'm having a problem when opening a corrupt file from the filebrowser or an email-attachment. Because in this case I want to app to close again.

Here's the code:

In the applicationUI constructor I connect the signal (when I open a file from e.g. the filebrowser) with a slot.

//applicationui.cpp
ApplicationUI::ApplicationUI(){
[...]
ok = QObject::connect(m_invokeManager, SIGNAL(invoked(const bb::system::InvokeRequest&)), this, SLOT(handleInvoke(const bb::system::InvokeRequest&)));
[...]
}

void ApplicationUI::handleInvoke(const bb::system::InvokeRequest& request) {

// Initiate the appropriate target based on the invoke.target-key
	if (request.target() == "com.myApp.card.previewer") {
		// card should init as the specified target

m_uri = request.uri().toString();

QString FileToOpen = m_uri.replace(QString("file://"), QString(""));

// read the content of the file binary. If an error occures result is set to "false". When the complete file is read correctly result is set to "true" bool result = ApplicationUI::readDataFromFile(FileToOpen); if (result == false) { ShowToast("An error occured while reading the file"); Application::quit(); } else if (result == true) { ***open the file*** } else { ShowToast("An unknown error occured"); } } else { ShowToast("ERROR! Card not found!"); } }

But when I open an corrupt file the Toast Message "An error occured while reading the file" isn't shown.

Instead the screen gets darker two times and then I get the error message "Unable to open *filename*".

Can anyone tell me how after an invocation the app can be closed?