Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: none

Closing and uninstalling a headless app with push service

HI,

I have created an application for receiving push messages which also has a headless app for listening to push messages.

Problem is after opening and then closing (killing my app using Application::instance->exit() or minimising and then closing) UI app my app icon goes disabled, i.e. i cannot open my app by clicking icon. After restart i can again open my app.

Second problem is after removing the application from main screen (long press the UI icon of the app and click on close button) the app disapears from UI. it is not visible on UI but the headless app is still running. After restarting the device the app icon is visible on the main screen and headless app is running in background.

Please help !!!!!!!

Regards
Sanjeev

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport / Nokia N950
My Carrier: -

Re: Closing and uninstalling a headless app with push service

I would say your UI part is stucking somewhere in a routine. You can kill your app by sending the signal SIGTERM from the development ide but you need to find the issue before releasing this app.

Does it make some kind of calculations or is it unable to delete a object? Maybe there is a different kind of exit function needed.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I am unable to find the issue. I had used pushCollector sample to create my app. 

I can share my app. 

Developer

i am using cascades for building my app.

i tried these in my main function but was not working.

Application app(argc, argv);

app.connect (&app, SIGNAL(lastWindowClosed()), &app, SLOT(quit()));
	app.connect (&app, SIGNAL(aboutToQuit()), &app, SLOT(quit()));