Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: TIM

Code signing request failed because the Invoke-Target-Key has been previously used in a different package

When trying to export my project, I'm getting this error: "Code signing request failed because the Invoke-Target-Key has been previously used in a different package".

I know that it happens when you use the same ID in Invoke-Target-Key for more than one application, but that's not my case. This way I can't send the new release of my application to the App World, because it requires the same ID and author...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Code signing request failed because the Invoke-Target-Key has been previously used in a different package

Are you trying to create an upgrade to an application using the same Invoke-Target-Key as a previous version?  If so, make sure you are signing it with the same code signing key.

If it is a new application and new Invoke-Target-Key then it means another application has already registered this key.

These keys are unique across all BlackBerry 10 applications.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.