Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-07-2012 10:52 AM
I've basically copied the falling blocks sample project and added my source to the project.
For some reason my source code is getting compiled with the x86 compiler flags:
Even thought clicking on Properties->C++ build->settings shows:
This of course leads to a linker error and an error regarding the format of the object files.
I've looked at the falling blocks sample and the project settings are the same, but it gets compiled with the correct flags.
To add to the confusion, right clicking on the sample->src directory->c++ build->settings shows a compiler line of:
Anyone know whats going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-07-2012 04:09 PM
Device-debug is already set as active.
04-23-2012 06:31 PM
This is probably a little late, but I had the same problem and found a solution, although it is not the greatest one.
The problem is that the IDE setting a source folder to compile for x86 if you ever edit the properties of any of your source folders (ie: right clicked the folder -> properties, change samethiong -> apply).
I cannot figure out why this is happening or how to change it back from within the IDE. I did reliaze that the .cproject file in the root of the project now has a 'folderInfo' elements for every source folder that I edited. I simply just remove the 'folderInfo' element and it's children in the .cproject, refresh the project in the IDE, and everything builds for the right architecture after that.
04-24-2012 07:04 AM
Yeah, thanks for that, I found that out and emailed a guy at tech support about it. Not sure if anything has been done about it.
I eventually ended up creating new projects for all my libraries which seems to allow me to mess with the settings without the x86 compiler wading in. It also helps with the pitifully slow dependency checking...