Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Connecting to Dev Alpha from inside Momentics

I am trying to connect to my Dev Alpha from inside the Momentics IDE, but I get the following message :

Unable to connect. Ensure USB cable or Wi-Fi is connected, IP address is correct, and development mode is enabled.
Unable to connect. Ensure USB cable or Wi-Fi is connected, IP address is correct, and development mode is enabled.

I have the development mode enabled. I tried rebooting the phone while disconnected from the phone, setting up the usb connection again and other things, but nothing seems to work. Fwiw, as soon as I attach the device to the machine, the BlackBerry Device Manager identifies it and starts up the Desktop Software. Someone on the irc hinted that might be the problem, since the Desktop Software has the connection and unless it gives it up, Momentics can't connect to it. So I uninstalled all the BlackBerry Desktop Software, BlackBerry Device Manager, BlackBerry Link but that doesn't seem to fix this situation.

This has wasted a lot of my time and I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Connecting to Dev Alpha from inside Momentics

What platform? Maybe you can specify which platform the device should connect to in the device's settings somewhere. What version of BB10 are you running on the Dev Alpha? I assume development mode is enabled?

Also you should install BlackBerry Link for the latest BB10 build to connect properly with Momentics (at least that's the case on my Mac).

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

I am on Windows and have the latest OS build (10.0.10.263) available installed. I have explicitly selected the option to Connect to Windows in the settings of the device. Yes, development mode is enabled. I had the latest BlackBerry Link installed earlier when I was trying to connect it and I'm not sure if it helped because I couldn't get it to work.

Also, fwiw I am able to install/deploy apps using the "blackberry-deploy" program so it means the computer know it's connected, it's just the IDE that's confused.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/a

I had the same issue and this is how I solved it:
Goto windows -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections

and select Direct method as the Active Provider.

Hope this will solve your issue.