Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487 while building HelloCasCades sample app

I run into the following error while building the HelloCasCades Sample code in ndk10.0.4.  I am using XP. Does anyone encounter the same error? Any suggestion for the solution?

o.le-v7-g/.obj/moc_hellocascadesapp.o o.le-v7-g/.moc/moc_hellocascadesapp.cpp

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x60E90000, RegionSize 0x270000, State 0x10000

C:\MSDE\youngjun\ResearchInMotion\nsdk\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487

make[2]: *** [o.le-v7-g/HelloCascades] Error 1

make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/MSDE/youngjun/tools/workspaces/ndksample/HelloCascades/arm'

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/MSDE/youngjun/tools/workspaces/ndksample/HelloCascades/arm'

make: *** [Device-Debug] Error 2

**** Build Finished ****

Thanks,

June Jorgensen

Retired
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487 while building HelloCasCades sample app

I can build and run this sample app from an XP VM.

I ensured I have SP3 and 2Gb RAM as per requirements.

How much RAM and disk space do you have?  Sounds like you ran out of memory or paging space.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487 while building HelloCasCades sample app

I run XP service pack 3, 2.98 GB Ram, 8G free disk space.

I googled this error, and see it is related to msys-1.0.dll and the suggested solution is  to rebase this file. I haven't done that, just want to confirm whether it is an known issue.

June