06-03-2012 11:33 AM - edited 06-03-2012 11:45 AM
today was my first day with Cascades and I'm having a couple of questions that I hope someone here can answer. I've used Qt/QML before but only on Desktop and Nokia handsets so I'm a noob regarding Blackberry and Cascades. I stumbled over those questions today while trying to port Conboy from Nokia N9 to BB10.
1) It looks like I cannot use plain QML elements like Rectangle in Cascades. Is that right or is there maybe a Cascades wrapper element that allows me to use plain QML elements inside? If there is no such thing, what is the equivalent to Rectangle and especially Flickable?
2) How can I integrate a QGraphicsItem? In pure Qt I can simply export it from C++ and use it inside QML, but that does not work with Cascades. Do I have to implement bb::cascades::Control or even bb::cascades::VisualNode?
3) Cascades itself is not open-source, or is it? (I was looking on how to implement my own Control)
4) The UI guidelines talk about a Title Bar. What's the corresponding Cascades element?
5) The UI guidelines suggest to place the 'delete' action on the bottom of the ActionBar-OverflowMenu. How do I do that?
6) How can I access icons from default actions like 'new', 'previous', 'next', 'play', 'pause', 'favorite', etc...?
I think that's all for the first round of questions Last thing is a feature request / suggestion: I think it would be nice if ListView would support QAbstractListModel in addition to the already supported models. Many people use it in existing Qt/QML code. It would be nice if we could at least keep our C++ code unchanged while porting from other QML enabled platforms to Blackberry. Rewriting the whole UI is already enough work
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-03-2012 01:07 PM
You can not use anything like Rectangle that is a QtGUI element. On the GUI side of things you can only use Cascades elements.
06-04-2012 02:06 AM
06-04-2012 02:29 AM
At the moment we don't have anything similar to QGraphicsItem (Qt) or Graphics (java) in BB10.
Only a subset of the QT framework is available for now because it is still in beta.
Maybe the BB10 api will grow release after release...
06-04-2012 02:45 AM
06-04-2012 03:12 AM
06-04-2012 03:18 AM
06-04-2012 03:33 AM
06-05-2012 04:41 AM
06-05-2012 08:33 AM