03-06-2012 08:21 PM
03-06-2012 10:29 PM
03-07-2012 10:21 AM
Okay, I built a fresh package from yesterday's latest in the Qt 4.8 branch, including up to changeset c6bda755a2d0cad93520dbd75dc2880a1c9409e2 . Also includes a Symbian build of the Qt Components package up to changeset c53f14bc52a64b09235af2f23b6e6de5ca1b3043.
Download from http://microcode.ca/downloads/qt4.8-stage-playbook
This is an ARM build, so would work only for running on the target device and not for the simulator. Last time I tried I wasn't able to build the x86 version for the simulator for some reason.
It's a single .tgz file (Gzip-compress tar file) which unpacks below a single folder named armv7le/.
With this in place (anywhere you want really) you should be able to follow the instructions in BGMot's post which I linked earlier (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-SDK-
Technically I haven't run this particular version yet so if they broke something it may not work. Also may not work if I screwed something up but it's a straight rebuild same as I did a few days earlier and that worked fine for a basic Hello World using QML.
No guarantees how long I leave this up. Others appear to be working towards automated (nightly?) builds so as soon as this is obsolete I'll post a link here to something else and take it down. Might be a few weeks yet. I won't build nightly, but if someone's tracking the change history of the project and becomes aware of significant fixes/improvements, just add a note here and I can post an updated build.
03-07-2012 12:57 PM
03-07-2012 02:00 PM
03-07-2012 02:43 PM
By the way, there may be some compatibility issues to sort out here. Someone in the #qt-qnx IRC chat was having trouble using jheron's Qt Components build (or something... my memory is poor) and it turned out to be because he (jheron?) had targetted "g++" while the libraries had been built "qcc", or maybe it was that the NDK was qcc. Either way, we couldn't use the g++ build.
Mine is using qcc, in case it matters. That is, my ./configure line was as follows:
./configure -opensource -confirm-license -qpa -shared -xplatform unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc -arch arm -opengl es2 -little-endian -largefile -nomake examples -xmlpatterns -webkit -no-neon -no-rpath -prefix-install -prefix /qt/install/armv7le
The relevant part is the unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc, which could also end with g++ instead. This whole thing is outside my area of expertise so I can only report these things but don't know what the implications are or whether it really matters.
(I've just tried an x86 build, but I used "-opengl es2" instead of "es1". That built, but with "es1" I get an error during configuration that "The OpenGL ES 1.x functionality test failed!" and can't run make.)
Note that I've added another download at http://microcode.ca/downloads/qt4.8-stage-playbook
03-07-2012 05:27 PM
03-07-2012 09:28 PM - edited 03-07-2012 09:29 PM
Nice job Peter! and BGmot!
Yes, I have been using the bb port from github. To build them I just hacked the configure script that came with the components to point to my github bb Qt port's qmake.
I attached the configure script I used, just open the script and look for the first comment , adjust the path so it points to your Qt ports qmake. Then copy it over the configure script in your fresh set of symbian components.
Then just run the script to build the components for the playbook.
I should note that I have done this on linux.
By the way azazello is working on a set of Playbook style components! http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-SDK-
03-07-2012 09:47 PM