Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Debug App Runs, Signed App Crashes

I compiled DosBox for the Playbook and I am able to run it as long as I do not try to run a signed version. If I run a version that requires a debug token it runs fine. When I sign the .bar file and then upload it to my playbook the app instantly crashes upon launching. There are no error notifications. I tried to ssh into my playbook for some hints from log files but was unable to. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Everything I have done is in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/dosbox-664048/

On pages 3 and 4 I talk about the application and the issues. You can't download the application without registering so if someone would like to see it themselves I will gladly upload it elsewhere.

Contributor

Re: Debug App Runs, Signed App Crashes

I fixed the problem by taking a non signed bar file, editing it to have development set to false and signing it with the comman line. Maybe the other .bar files just needed to be self signed and thats why they didnt work.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

To me it sounds like you need to disable the development flag when building the bar file. I'm not sure exactly how to do this with the NDK but for the AIR toolkit you leave out the -devMode flag on the command line. Perhaps compiling a release target would have the proper flags setup.
----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Retired
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

cycletronic is correct.  A BAR shouldn't be signed that has the development mode attribute set 'true' in its BAR manifest.  The system won't run it.

The Export Release Build wizard will ensure that development mode is off in your signed BAR.  You can find this in the dialog opened by the "File -> Export..." menu or the "Export..." context menu in the Project Explorer.

HTH,

Christian

Highlighted
Contributor

I have used export and it failed to sign the bar with my signature. It appears it signs it with the signature from RIM but just doesn't do automatic self signing.