Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Blacberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Blackberry

Debugging

How to debug the Token ?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Debugging

I am not certain what you mean. Have you successfully created your token? Are you looking for a tutorial to do this? Have you followed the steps shown here to obtain your key files?

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/nfc-form.html

Martin

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

[ Edited ]

I understand that it's a bit confusing. When I first started developing for playbook I found it much more difficult compared to developing for other platforms.

Someone from RIM should address this to make it easier for new developers/indie devs to learn about develpoing for the platform.

You need to apply for keys from the link in mgoulet's post.

Then you 'add' them to the IDE and you should then be able to create debug tokens.

Debug tokens are required to debug or run any of your applications/games on your playbook. They must be created in the IDE and then uploaded to the playbook BEFORE you can debug/run apps.

Go to window at the top of the IDE, then click preferences. The expand the BlackBerry Tablet OS tab on the left side of the window. Go to the signing tab, then register with RIM.

Here you can also create debug tokens *(you must assign your playbook PIN, which can be found in the playbook settings, to the debug token when creating it). and REMEMBER to upload them to your device.

You can check that the debug token is on the device by going to the Development mode screen of the Security tab of the settings menu on your playbook. Debug tokens will stay on the device until the time at which they expire, no matter if development mode is disabled or you restart your device, however security swiping the device will remove the debug token.

Once expired you must create a new one before debugging or running your app/game. You can check when they expire either through the playbook Development Mode screen in the security tab of the playbook settings or the Signing tab of the preferences window in the IDE. (found under BlackBerry Tablet OS)

Hope this helps,

Mike

If you are having any more trouble or questions dont hesitate to ask. Smiley Happy but please use this thread cause the forums is kinda being flooded lol.

Though please read through the documention below THOROUGHLY before attempting to write an app/game.

Oh and the search function of the forum is useful Smiley Wink

Edit:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference

This page^^ will help as reference when programming.

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/

Take a look here^^^^ for documentation on Playbook development

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/sampleapps/

Above^^^ is a link to lots of sample apps that you can take a look at, some also have tutorials.

I strongly recommend that you read through these before starting to build your own app.

Also look at the bbutil library after going through the tutorials to see how the more 'behind the scenes' stuff works to help you when developing your own app.

BOOKMARK THESE^^^^^

Edit:

There is a wizard that can take you through the ENTIRE process of setting up which might be easier if this is your first go at programming for playbook.

To start the wizard, go to Window, then click Preferences, then click BlackBerry Tablet OS and click the link.

New Developer
My Device: Blacberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Blackberry

Hi,

Thanx alot for providing these links, realy helpfull to start.

Regards,

ravi