Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Dev Alpha C problem - The blackberry 10 dev alpha device program has ended ...

I got this message after I updated to the latest firmware and now it won't go away, even after a restart. Also tried re-loading the firmware, but no luck.

Please help.

photo.JPG

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Dev Alpha C problem - The blackberry 10 dev alpha device program has ended ...

Lol, looks like the same issue we had with dev A quite a while ago.

When this happened with dev A, RIM released a special autoloader to fix this issue. You might have to get a hold of a special autoloader for dev C from RIM that resets the hardware countdown timer.

Can someone from RIM look into this issue?

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer

Re: Dev Alpha C problem - The blackberry 10 dev alpha device program has ended ...

I opened a ticket with support and they contacted me this morning to start troubleshooting. Going to try a few things first like installing the autoloader from a different PC.

I'm starting to wonder if I didn't inadvertently trip the hardware countdown timer through a combination of changing the device date/time and installing the newest firmware. Surely they'd have taken this into account when designing the software though; I can't be the only one who's testing to see how my app responds to leap years...
Developer

Still no contact from Blackberry after the initial email. I've tried the steps suggested and the device still doesn't work. I really need to get back to testing, can someone please help fix this.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

It looks like you are trying this from a Mac.  The autoloader file only works on Windows.  Are you trying to use it from a Windows VM?  If so, can you try loading from a Windows PC?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

I'm actually running Windows 7 via bootcamp on the Mac, but I've also tried running the autoloader from a Dell desktop with the same result.
Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Can you post a screenshot of the completed autoloader output?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Here is the autoloader output:

shot2.png

Developer

Update on this problem:

My problem has been resolved, but it took a device replacement to solve it.

I'll be shipping the faulty device back to BB, so hopefully they can figure out what went wrong and prevent it for other developers.