Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Re: Developers Start here!

add me, please

New Developer
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

I'm in.

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

Can anybody explain what the thresholds are for Developer Levels? What is the difference between Developer Level1 and Level2, for instance?

Is this based on post count, likes, accepted solutions, or a combination?

UPDATE: Seems to be post count. Based on other poster's level I guessed the Level1-Level2 threshold to be 500 posts, but mine hadn't kicked in when I orginally posted this one with 501 previous posts. As soon as I hit 502 though with this post Level2 was awarded. I'd still be interested know what the other level thresholds are. The higher your level the more weight your likes carry, so it would be nice to know.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: Telekom Slovakia

[ Edited ]

I think it's based on post count. Just typing 1500 post for Level 2? 2500 post Level 3? Smiley Happy

EDIT:

Ok Smiley Wink So my tips was wrong Smiley Very Happy

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

It's actually supposed to be a mix of stats so that it can't be abused, but 500 posts for level 2, 2500 for level 3 and 6000 for level 4 (I believe), is one of the requirements. If you ask the mods they will tell you it's a mystery.

From a forum management point of view though what else could it be, on average roughly 1 in 10 people hit the like button, even fewer hit the solution button so these can't really be set too high if they are requirements.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Make sense. Our friend Peter is at just over 6400 posts and is Level4.

I wonder who Simon had to kill.

BBSJdev wrote:

It's actually supposed to be a mix of stats so that it can't be abused, but 500 posts for level 2, 2500 for level 3 and 6000 for level 4 (I believe), is one of the requirements. If you ask the mods they will tell you it's a mystery.

From a forum management point of view though what else could it be, on average roughly 1 in 10 people hit the like button, even fewer hit the solution button so these can't really be set too high if they are requirements.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Their joining date gives it away, when Simon first joined he had to put a stamp on his replies and post them in.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Are you suggesting it was Abel that Simon had to off? 

BBSJdev wrote:

Their joining date gives it away, when Simon first joined he had to put a stamp on his replies and post them in.

New Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cascade

Add me, Thanks much

Developer
Developer
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: none

thanks