Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30

Devices for people not able to attend BB World?

Are there plans for dev devices for developers that are not able to attend the BB World (e.g. European students like me)?

Already like the PlayBook and can't wait for BB 10. Especially the UI is absolutely awesome – first impression: more beautiful than iOS, Android and WP7 combined Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

Re: Devices for people not able to attend BB World?

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to attend the London JAM session and have a chance to try one of these out.
-------
You can find me (sporadically) writing and developing at http://floor4.co.uk and gaming at http://uk-tf.co.uk
My Apps: Flip!
New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

+1

I would like a device too. Just realised simulator doesn't work for me because I use a 64 bit host and I run a 32bit guest VM for development. Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Yes, I wish I could have attended too, my problem is my full time job, 2 kids, family etc...  Smiley Very Happy

Perhaps Rim will have a contest or something so us dev's that couldn't make the jam can get a chance at a device too...

If the BB10 sim is anything like the sketchy pb sim I would say its going to be useless anyway....

With my regular job, I get to do work in several of the RIM facility's in Waterloo where I saw an eviroment chamber full of screens for the alpha devices a few months back... They looked incredible! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Jon

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

You and me both! Any indication as to when the London session will be?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi ,

I am also waiting for new deivces and also i am one developer and many application developed into BlackBerry so i am also waiting for devices for new development because all developed need deivecs.So.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Looks like a no... twitter

Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport / Nokia N950
My Carrier: -

Sad... I'm from germany and Florida is to far for me and my small car. ;-)

I really hope there will be a community device program or something like that. I have published several Qt applications for the N9, Symbian and Intels MeeGo AppUp store. So I have some stuff to port to BB10 Tablet and Handset.

I would welcome if BlackBerry would spent some more love to willing developers. Currently I felt lost.

I spend a lot of time to finally publish a easy portable Lite version of my ClipMan application to the BB store to get entitled for a free BlackBerry Playbook. The signing and packaging was the worst part because of the (at this point) outdated documentation for Qt apps. The app made it finally to the store despite it seems to have still a bad bug on the real hardware (regarding the reviews - I don't know why it made it thru the Store QA). But it finally made it to the store, is published and since then I'm waiting for any kind of reply and news from BlackBerry regarding my Playbook to test my App on real hardware and fix the Bug finally. Smiley Sad

In my opinion there is not even the need to give away the Hardware for free. A Device loan program would do it for the most people. Loan the devices for 3 years or until BB notice the developer has stopped finally all kind of development and redemand the devices. Intel has done this during their MeeGo efforts and attracted a lot of Qt developers which are now ready to start for the gorgeous BB10!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Pretty sure there are more Jams to come, and more devices to be given out still.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z30

I hope there'll be a Dev Jam somewhere near/in Austria too!

Otherwise I won't be able to really start with BB10 Smiley Sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612