Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: vodafone

Different conversation key when sending and recieving back to back message using messageservice class.

Currently I am working on messaging service app and want to group all the messages send and recieved for particular phone number. I can group all the messages for the particular number using conversation key from message service. But I have a problem at the beginning of conversation, when message is sent and recieved back to back.

Here is the technical scenario,

1.   When I sent a message using message builder and message service, I get a conversation key say 508 from blackberry API's.

2.   When I recieve a message in messageAdded slot of message service class, I get a another conversation key instead of above created conversation key say 509 from Blackberry API's.

Here I tried to save the conversation key from the sent message and use that, but could not got sucess as I had to retrieve the message fields for later processing. 

Can some one please point me a class or a way where I can set the conversation key to a message permanantly, so that the same can be reflected into native messaging app.

Thanks and Regards