Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B

Display multiple SystemDialogs

Hi,

I'd like to implement somethng that could show the users multiple SystemDialogs, which would all remain open (overlap) and the user must repsond to each of them. Something similar to how in the Calendar, if multiple events have passed with reminders, you will see those popups asking for you to dismiss, and it will ask you to dismiss each one, or dismiss all.

I'm lookng at SystemDialogs but maybe that's the wrong choice. If it's defined in the QML, C++ signals that result in me doing a systemDialog.show() in QML do not "spawn" new dialogs, but rather seem to just keep showing the first one. Would I need to create/destroy SystemDialogs myself in C++ to acheive what I want, or is there a way in the QML?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Display multiple SystemDialogs

[ Edited ]

SystemDialogs are modal meaning you will not be able to overlap them.

To achieve what you want you'd have to create your own using containers and a combination of either a CustomControl or depending on how many you wanted, the use of DelegateControls.

Alternatively you could customise your own SystemDialog adding a ListView allowiing the user to select multiple options/select all/clear all within one dialog.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.