Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do I need to include the 'libgrskia.so' as assets in the BAR package?

Also,  some of the ndk-samples that I looked also include the 'libbps.so' as 'assets' in the bar-descriptor.xml files.  It seems not necessary either.

By the way,  will 'skia' be a permanent part of playbook os?    The focus seems to be on Qt now.   But I hope that skia will be around for good.      Gl/Egl are really for assembly language programmers.

I've 2 native apps devloped using skia (one was accepted and won me a free playbook).   I would really llike to know whether I need to include the skia library in my BAR files.  Thanks for any info.

hjt

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Do I need to include the 'libgrskia.so' as assets in the BAR package?

From the filesystem on the device:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root      nto              16 Apr 10 10:19 libgrskia.so -> libgrskia.so.1.0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root      nto              16 Apr 10 10:19 libgrskia.so.1 -> libgrskia.so.1.0
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root      nto          725776 Feb 29 19:37 libgrskia.so.1.0

So apparently no need to include this in your BAR file.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the reply. So, there is no need to include 'libbps.so' either. The NDK-samples projects which include libbps.so as assets should be corrected as I was puzzled by this extra asset for sometime.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If the version (e.g. so.1.0) and content (probably checking file size is adequate) are identical, then certainly there should be no need to include it. It's possible the NDK includes, from time to time, versions of these with bug fixes that haven't been released in the public OS releases so if that's possible in your case it may still be a good idea to include it. I think that's why the libbps.so was included at one point, but I assume now that 2.0 is out the one in the NDK is not required.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!