Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: not yet
My Carrier: Turkcell
Accepted Solution

Error creating debug token

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've recently downloaded BlackBerry 10.1 SDK with QNX Momentics. To simply run a program in my device (Connected device Q10), I successfully signed the code. But when I try to get debug token,it gives error as in the picture. I both try it in Mac and windows it gets the same problem. And the error is not informative, it gives Error:null Error: null 

errorr2

error

Error:null

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Q10, Playbook 16GB & 32 GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Error creating debug token

Seems to me that you are missing a field of data somewhere.  I haven't used this process specifically, but is there a place to put your PIN in or, is your BlackBerry not connected to your system properly?

Retired
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

bringerofmyth,

Is this still an issue for you?

Please reply.

-g

New Contributor
My Device: not yet
My Carrier: Turkcell

I solved today. With different computer, I downloaded QNX Momentics IDE(10.1)  with Native SDK. Creating debug token in QNX Momentics give the same error again (Error: null Error :null). However, I tried manually with command prompt, and created debug token successfully this time. Then I imported it with IDE.

New Developer
My Device: blackberry curve 9630
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue creating debug token using QNX momentics IDE.

I want to know how you created debug tokens mannually and how you imported them. Please help me in doing that.

Also why is this error coming in QNX momentics IDE while creating debug token.

Thanks & Regards,

Tushar 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

tushar886, are you getting the "null" error, or another one?

If it's an error about "signing failed because Package-Type value debug-token is not allowed", or if you are one of those who were supposed to have signing permission for "_sys_headless_nostop" apps, then please add your info to this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Lost-ability-to-create-debug-tokens-Er...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!