Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Errors in "Setting up your first app" Cascades Tutorial

Not sure if this has already been posted, but one of the first cascades tutorials (https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/first_app/lightning_crossfad... has some errors within the images.zip file. The file, which contains different image names from the ones called in the tutorials code, are also the wrong resolution. The only way I could get the tutorials code to work was to copy the assets of the sample application and place them in my version of the app. Just thought I'd post it in case no one has seen this issue (or if I'm missing a step and had the right assets in the first place, please tell me Smiley Tongue).

Best regards,

Chris

Retired
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Errors in "Setting up your first app" Cascades Tutorial

Looks like this is a mismatch between the images and the sample code - hopefully as the new Beta gets rolled out this problem should be dealt with - I can only suggest giving it another try in a day or so once all the websites have been updated to the Beta 9 level.

If the problem persists then we shold raise an issue to get it resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Graham