Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Extract working app from dev alpha

[ Edited ]

I was changing my splash screen assets & somewhere along the line it screwed up my .bardescriptor and would not quit saying it needed to be closed by </qnx> (even though it was)... so i copied the source, removed the app & changed the workspace.  

Now it will not run my app (new workspace) but the old working version is still on the device, how can i get it back.

Any help is appreciated, i'm pretty much stuck between a rock & a hard place here Smiley Sad with about 48 hours to get this submitted

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Extract working app from dev alpha

If the old one was not signed, you can get it out either by SSHing into the device (you can google for instructions or use the forum search feature) or by using the Momentics filesystem browser to find your app on the device. You can get it out of /accounts/1000/appdata/(yourappfolderhere)/app .

That will give you the entire, unzipped contents of the .bar file, for what that's worth to you. In practice, rezipping should give you the same .bar as what you installed.

If you installed this only as a *signed* app, you're out of luck. Neither you nor pirates will ever be able to get it back off your device...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I belive i have it, there is a file that's just file, the name is based off the app, is it possible to break that apart & get the contents or de-compile it

EDIT: it appears my running issue was the debug token, Thanks for the help, with what i could get from momentics & piece together with my pre-delete backup i got it working

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Not clear what you mean, but if it's the .bar file that you have but it's just missing the file extension, you should be able to unzip it using any typical unzip program. BAR files are merely .zip files with a different extension and a particular arrangement for the files inside.

Never mind... I hadn't seen your update when I replied.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!