Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Faking GPS on the device

superdirt wrote:
You can do it in various simulators and Android devices already.

I'm not sure you understand the original request. The request is for how to fake a device's GPS coordiates as a feature in the app. If the only way to change the GPS coordinates is with a simulator, then this has nothing to app funtionality, it is simulator functionality.

You're right about that actually.  I overlooked the "as a feature in my app" part.

OP: if for some obscure reason (I can't see the use case either) you want to be able to fake the GPS coordinates in your app, then just supply faked data. It's not hard.

If, however, you want your app to be able to fake the GPS coordinates that the system supplies to all other apps, then good luck! As he said, BlackBerry would never allow that.

superdirt, sorry to miss the point there... you can see where I was coming from now, obviously, but I'm on the same page as you now. ;-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

It's all good

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Oops, missed the 'as a feature' as well. Not going to happen, that feature.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!