Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Fixed Text Size

citrinetiger wrote:

from my understanding, in order to qualify for the 10k program, my app needed to suit both 720x720 and 1280x720 resolutions. 

If I can create an app for both, I would love to allow the user's preferred size to reflect within my app. A 720 squeeze from a 1280 resolution is impossible without a fixed font size, in my opinion.

We don't have the SDK with support for the 720x720 devices yet, so we don't really know what the final software will be like. There's some built-in Cascades UI changes that will come with it for free, and a few new features that let you re-arrange your UI for the screen size. RIM doesn't require us to support 720x720 devices right now, just that we support them within 90 days of their release. I'd suggest waiting till we have the SDK to worry about it. I know for a fact the tab/action bar at the bottom will be a different size, but I'm not sure what other automatic UI adaptations there will be. I've heard the SDK will be arriving at the end of the month, in reality I suspect that means at Jam Europe. You might discover the automatic UI adaptations take care of this for you, right now it's basically guessing.

--------
Taylor Byrnes
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You dont have to worry about 720x720 for 10K until after the device is available (and SDK), so you have some time. Dont worry about this until the 720 SDKs are released (probably about a month or so).
Developer
My Device: Q10

Thanks for all the tips!!

Does anyone know what the default font size is set to in the settings menu??? I have changed mine and forgot what it was originally set at...

Thanks!

-Ali

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Q10

Thank you for your advice and info, will definitely switch back Smiley Happy