Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 10 -BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

GPS Tracking in BB10

I am developing an app for tracking the location of device . I am referring sample application for this (LocationDignostic) which is given in docs but after running this app , it shows only latitude, longitude of device in map view but doesn't show map.  Please help me .

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: GPS Tracking in BB10

Take a look at the Location section of this page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/sampleapps/

There are 7 sample applications for Location. Hopefully one of them will give you what you need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Regular Contributor

Hello mwoolley,

I have gone through those sample applications . I said  I want to retrieve the location of device and the application you have provided for this -  LocationDignostics is not showing location on map. 

Retired

Do you mean that the application does not have that functionality? Or that it does but it is not working? I thought you meant the former so was pointing you at possible alternatives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Regular Contributor

I mean to say it has this functionality as mentioned in desription .The thing is its supposed to show location on map but its not showing map. 

Retired

[ Edited ]

I'm confused :-)

The LocationDiagnostics application doesn't mention map display or show one in the screen shot.

When I have time later today I'll install and take a look at it but I suspect we're not on the same page here.

I'm no longer confused. See next post :-)

Retired

The application works fine for me and shows a map. It'sperhaps not obvious where you'll find the map though. Select "Start Updates" and at the next screen you'll see a tab labelled "Map".

IMG_00000016.png

IMG_00000015.png

Regular Contributor

This is what I was talking about. On that map screen, its not showing map.

Developer
My Carrier: vodaphone

i did face the same problem,

try setting the height & width to INFINITY and pinch the map a couple of times to zoom, it'll show Smiley Happy

Retired

OK, thanks. I tested on a Z10 runing 10.2.0. What OS version are you running and on what device? I've reported the issue to the developer of this sample btw.