Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: all

Getting app running in Simulator

When I open the "Hello Cascades" application in the ide, and then right click "Run As"- "BlackBerry C/C++ Application",

(I get presented with a dialog asking me to choose a "launch configuration"
.. "HelloCascades", "HelloCascades(1)" or "HelloCascades(2)"
.. why? Well I just picked the first)

Then things seem to proceed as expected..in the simulator the app starts. the bluse home screen gets a "HelloCascades" icon and then changes as if showing an app.
 However I just see a dark background with "Blackberry" which looks like a splash screen. I think this is not how the app should look (theres no "hello" speech bubble). After a few seconds this closes
and Im back to the home screen (at least the icon is still there).

Like I said Im running opensuse (Linux) 11.4 on a not state of the art machine (it doesnt have OpenGL 2) but I was hoping it would still be good enough to try out a simple app,
 if I didnt want say Qml preview.

In the console pane I see:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - width=768
NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - height=1280
NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - angle=0
BpsEventDispatcher:Smiley TonguerocessBpsEvents() - thread started
### Server Thread: STARTED
eglChooseConfig: could not find a matching configuration
ERROR:: ApplicationEngine: [QNXApplicationEngineImpl::initServerThread] setupMainScreen() failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a warnings in the "Problems" pane such as

----------------------------
"Asset requires dependency "libQtCore.so.4" to be included in the BAR package.    bar-descriptor.xml    /HelloCascades    line 69    BlackBerry App Manifest Problem"
--------------------------

I can start the Browser app fine by clicking on the icon on the home screen in simulator.

PS
I can set the build configuration via right click on project - "build configurations" - "set Active" - "Simulator-Debug"
But where do I set the active run configuration ?(ie if I have built for a devie and simulator, how does it know I want to run the simulator version)
ie the one which gets executed when I click "Run As"- "BlackBerry C/C++ Application"

Id be very grateful for any help/suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

Retired
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: Getting app running in Simulator

Are you still running in safe mode?

Do you get navigation conformance issues?  That may be due to safe mode.

The qtcore problem is a red herring as it's currently expected.

Stuart

Contributor

Hello Stuart.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Im still running in safe mode (as its the only way to get simulator to run  for me

see http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Running-Simulator-in-Linux/td-p/1765549)...

Im not sure what you mean by "navigation conformance issues". Like I said I can run the browser app in simulator (it seems fine). But cant run the hello cascades app (it closes again more or less straight away).

Does the same happen for you if you run in safe mode?

Thanks in Advance.

Declan

Contributor

PS
I can set the build configuration via right click on project - "build configurations" - "set Active" - "Simulator-Debug"
But where do I set the active run configuration ?(ie if I have built for a device and simulator, how does it know I want to run the simulator version)
ie the one which gets executed when I click "Run As"- "BlackBerry C/C++ Application"

Retired

We're seeing the same thing in safe mode.

(I get presented with a dialog asking me to choose a "launch configuration"
.. "HelloCascades", "HelloCascades(1)" or "HelloCascades(2)"
.. why? Well I just picked the first)

-- this happens when yo uconfigure multiple devices to launch on, or you accidentally create a bonus configuration.

All three threads of yours seem to be the same issue to me Smiley Sad

Stuart

Contributor

Hi Stuart.

> We're seeing the same thing in safe mode.

Ok, Thanks.

Can you please give me an answer to this (it must be quite simple...but I cant see where).....

But where do I set the active run configuration ?(ie if I have built for a device and simulator, how does it know I want to run the simulator version) ie the one which gets executed when I click "Run As"- "BlackBerry C/C++ Application"

>All three threads of yours seem to be the same issue to me

Possibly (pity, I suppose Ill have to wait till I get a new computer before expertimenting fuirther with cascades)

However the problem with the incompatible Qt libraries (see below) has likely a different cause. Any ideas on that?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Cant-start-controller-incompatible-Qt-li...

Thanks in Advance.

Best Wishes,

Decaln

Retired

Running the latest build configuration vs. a different one:

Usually just setting the current build configuration is enough.

You can choose a different run (or debug) configuration by selecting Run As/Run configurations...

If you've used different targets and haven't removed them, you can select one of the recent runs in the debug perspective and rerun that one.

Retired

Are all your questions on this topic solved?

Stuart

Contributor

Hello Stuart.

>Running the latest build configuration vs. a different one:

>Usually just setting the current build configuration is enough.

"Usually" ?

> You can choose a different run (or debug) configuration by selecting Run As/Run configurations...

Under "Run As/Run" I just get

"Blackberry C/C++ Application"

"Blackberry C/C++ Application Dialog"

I dont have (as I would expect to) the same configurations available as chen choosing a build configuration

ie

"Device-Debug"

"Device-Release"

"Simulator-Debug"

>If you've used different targets and haven't removed them, you can select one of the recent runs in the debug >perspective and rerun that one.

Im not quite sure what you mean here. Could you be more explicit please.

Thanks in Advnace

Best Wishes,

Declan

Retired

In Momentics:

Usually: It's possible to set the debug and build configurations to be different.  If you don't do that (accidentally or on purpose) then setting the current configuration should work.

Under project context menu Run As or Run you should see the Application and Application Dialog then a divider bar then Run Configurations...   This lets you choose a different configuration if you want, or confirm which you are running.

Build configurations are selected from the project context menu Build Configurations/Set Active

The debug perspective has a Debug window with current and recent runs.  These have a context menu, including Terminate, and Relaunch.

Hope this helps.

Stuart