Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: P'9982 & Z10
My Carrier: alfa Lebanon
Accepted Solution

Google Maps in a WebView

I'm using Google Maps in a webview to get my users to select a point on the map so I can save its coordinates. (I can't use BlackBerry Maps because well there aren't any for my country - Lebanon - so it doesn't make sense to develop something I can't use)

Anyways, it works ok except for putting a marker on the map. I used a basic code to put a marker on mouse click on the map. The marker bllinks for 1 seconds or less and then disappears. Any idea why that is?

Wadi
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Google Maps in a WebView

You can answer this better than any of us, simply by enabling the Web Inspector for that WebView and then connecting to your device's inspector port.

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__websettings.html#property-webinspec...

Also, do be sure to keep in mind the security considerations of a WebView.

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/dev/security/index.html#wba1358262288411

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! Smiley Very Happy
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Did you get it fixed?

I tried, everything that lewellyn recommended, but I didn't know what exactly happens on markers.

Everytime that any marker shows (when it shows), its a big image in wrong place (normally under to the right the point that I want to show).

I'll try find another way to fix it. but I can't see another way . . . .

It might be a problem inside the js, that do not fix the resizing of marker layer ... if you set the marker with draggable : true, it shows the Pin correctly ...

Developer
My Device: www
My Carrier: www

I also have the problem  about  if you set the marker with draggable : true, it shows the Pin correctly ...

There is anyone know how to slove the problem? please tell me。

Developer
My Device: P'9982 & Z10
My Carrier: alfa Lebanon

Fixing the viewport helped in my case.

Add this script in your index.html if you're using BBUI:

<script>
            var meta = document.createElement("meta");
            meta.setAttribute('name','viewport');
            meta.setAttribute('content','initial-scale='+ (1/window.devicePixelRatio) + ',user-scalable=no');
            document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(meta);
        </script>

Wadi
Developer
My Device: www
My Carrier: www

I try it, but no effect. Do you have some another ideas.