Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10

[Headless Apps][Request] How do I respond to BroadCast Trigger such as System Start

[ Edited ]

I saw the example for Push Collector, felt that the samples and documentation was'nt enough , how can I make a simple headless app that starts on system start.

Im pretty sure a simple headless app that writes a hello world with the current date time file to the filesystem on system start would be a short, sweet and easily understandable example to everyone thats wants to create a headless app. As the start signal is broadcasted, there is no need for the numerous projects as seen in the push notification example, worse, I could not get that example to work because a push initiator app is needed.

I am sure many developers would agree with me on this.

A one project , system boot headless app that writes to the filesystem (or any other noticeable function for that matter), which is short, sweet and to the point.

EDIT 1 : 

After reading through the sample push collector, I have still no idea where to add entryPoints and which invoke target do I need to start my app on system started , any help ? My app has no ui , it justs needs to be invoked on system start to write a file. I have connected to the invokedRequest and invokeManager but do not know how to configure the bar-descriptor xml file and to define the invokeTargetId even after reading the sample and the sparse documentation. 

Developer
My Carrier: Fido

Re: [Headless Apps][Request] How do I respond to BroadCast Trigger such as System Start

+1

We need a hello headless app.

Developer

Re: [Headless Apps][Request] How do I respond to BroadCast Trigger such as System Start

After reading through the sample push collector, I have still no idea where to add entryPoints and which invoke target do I need to start my app on system started , any help ?

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

+1

A quick and easy example would be fantastic. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Beeline

Yes

+1 

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Regular Visitor
My Carrier: Mtn

1+

for a simple example...