Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z30 + Z10 + Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Telenor

Help for newbee needed :0)

Hi folks,

I need help about how to code an application that does two things for me.

The background is my father who is too old to get things right when calling people via his phone. He often dials the wrong number and when speed dialing he doesn't remember which short number goes to whom; but have to have a hard copy of the setup to be able to use it. Therefore:

1. Is it possible to build a Cascade application that always stays in the front of everything so that he can't easily switch to other applications by mistake or even close it?

2. Is it possible, in the same application, to show the photos of your BBM contacts and when you click on one contact a BBM video session is directly opened without the need of the three step process as in the BBM application; where you first click on your contact, then on the voice/video icon and after that the <BBM Video> button?

It would help my father (and perhaps other elder) to get an easy way of keeping contact with his children with a great video chat experience :0)

Thanks in advance,

/Jorgen from Sweden

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help for newbee needed :0)

As for your first question, there is no way for an app to prevent itself from being closed. Any third party app can be switched or exited...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Contributor
My Device: Z30 + Z10 + Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: Help for newbee needed :0)

Thanks for your quick answer mate :0)

/Jorgen