Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user
My Carrier: none

Help signing my application

I thought it was tough to learn Cascade that is till I decided I wanted to sign my app.  Who every came up with this crazy and obtuse scheme ought to get a job at the NSA.

First of all never use an obscure Acronym  without defininging it.  On the signing registration page you have:  RDK, PBDT, CSJ CSK - what the hell do these mean, you might as well be writting in Greek Linear A.   

OK I get a nice email from RIM with an attached client-PBDT-####.csj.  The email contains instructions that look like they were copied from Section 7, article 5, paragraph 4 of the IRS tax code.

I get one file but the install wizard wants two files: RDK CSJ Path and PBDT CSJ Path can someone pleae tell me where I find the second file.

Also the wizard wants both  a CSJ PIN and a CSK Password.  Where do I go to get these.  (I might remember these if weren't for the acroynms being so much alike and having no meaning)

Sorry for the rant here, but come on BB you can do better then this kind of setup. 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Help signing my application

HI Q-T,

>RDK, PBDT, CSJ CSK

RIM Development Key (RDK)

BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 debug token (PBDT)

CS_ = Code Signing (File Rev J/K)

(along time ago, we sent out CSI files = "Code Signing Information" ; since then we've changed the files a bit, and as a result, created CSJ and CSK, "J" and "K" being the next letters in the alphabet.  Made sense at the time to the internal team).

>I get one file but the install wizard wants two files: RDK CSJ Path

>and PBDT CSJ Path can someone pleae tell me where I find the second file.

Can you please check your email folders (maybe junk) - you should have received two files - a RDK CSJ and a PBDT CSJ.

>Sorry for the rant here, but come on BB you can do better then this kind of setup.

Understandable, you want to get your app up and running.

Let me know if the above was helpful or not, please.

-g