Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: verizon

Help with ListView needed

[ Edited ]

I am using a ListView with ListItemListener, now I have added multi select ability using MultiSelectHandler.

My problem is that when I press an item in my list for a couple of seconds the context menu is shown and the item is highlighted as required but when i select the MultiSelectActionItem in the context menu to select more items the item is no longer highlighted but my status still says 1 item selected.

Without pasting all the code - any idea what could be the problem?

Here is my output starting from when I press select more (which is when the item loses it's highlight)

activate
select isselected= true
activate
select isselected= false

Developer

Re: Help with ListView needed

I cannot understand why selecting a MultiSelectActionItem would deactivate a ListItem which then sets the opacity of the ListItem back to 0.0. It doesn't make sense but that's what happens when I try to select more items in my list and it's not very professional when my MultiSelectHandler status says 1 item is selected but's it's no longer highlighted.

Anybody experienced this - I have gone through the docs for hours but only relevent bit of info is A list item is "active" while a user is actively pressing the list item or when the item is target for a context menu operation. Once released, or when no longer a context menu target, the item is no longer active.

So it seems it's deemed no longer active once I have activated the multi select menu and the orginal contextmenu has been hidden.

Developer

Still in need of help regarding this problem,

It seems my ListItemListener might be conflicting somehow with MultiSelectHandler because if I remove calling select(activate) from activate function of listener then the multi select will work ok (the item will highlight on long press and stay highlighted when i select more in context menu) but then the items won't hightlight at all when i just tap one of them meaning the user sees no feedback when just tapping one item.

What is the correct way to do this?

Developer

help please?