Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport, Classic
My Carrier: None

How can we disable debug messages from NavigationPane activity?

My app uses a NavigationPane to manage the pushing and popping of various screens.

Each time a screen is pushed or popped, I get output in the console window similar to this:

pushPage : mNavigationStack : ("12") 

NavigationPane: NavigationPaneOnFwdTransitionDone: emitting push transition ended for page: 12 client top: 12

The output is not coming from any of my code, it must be from the NavigationPane itself.

Is there a setting somewhere that will turn off these kinds of infomational messages from the NavigationPane code?

I actually do like having them sometimes, but not usually, since they clutter my console, making it hard to notice warnings from my own code.

I added a "qInstallMsgHandler()" custom message handler that prepends the date/time and log level to the output, which shows that the "emitting push transition ended" is actually a warning.  Any idea why?   It seems like a perfectly normal thing for it to do.  This is what it looks like when I enable it:

[2014-03-14 01:25:59.688] {Debug} pushPage : mNavigationStack : ("12") 

[2014-03-14 01:25:59.698] {Warning} NavigationPane: NavigationPaneOnFwdTransitionDone: emitting push transition ended for page: 12 client top: 12

Thanks,

Ed

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How can we disable debug messages from NavigationPane activity?

No, you can safely ignore them.

You can use a logger instead and filter the results if you like...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/core/com.qnx.doc.neutrino.utilities/topic/s/slogger...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport, Classic
My Carrier: None

Thanks for the link.  Interesting.

But I'd like it to work in the Momentics IDE console window.

I wound up just filtering the messages out in my "qInstallMsgHandler()" custom message handler.

And it did reveal a few messages from my code that I had overlooked, which are now taken care of!

If anyone from the BB10/QML team happens by, it might be nice to add some "official" way to turn these messages off.

Ed

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

There's no way to do it at the moment and whether this is an 'eclipse' feature or something that BlackBerry can actually influence I wouldn't be so sure.
The reason I say this is because eclipse users have been asking for this for a while as well, there are plug-ins for eclipse you can try but whether they work or not I haven't tested.

Here's one (but there are others out there)

http://marian.schedenig.name/projects/grep-console/

My recommendation is to check in the DIT to see if this feature request has already been asked for and if not I would recommend adding one, but as I said it might not be under BlackBerry's control.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.