Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Roger

How to change screen from Thumbnail to FullScreen in c++

As title,

Does anyone knows how to change application from Thumbnail  become FullScreen?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to change screen from Thumbnail to FullScreen in c++

are you talking about active frames

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

You cannot (at least not yet). The user will make your app fullscreen when he/she wants it to be. Until then, you stay in thumbnail view.

Users have control in BB10, at least so far...

(What's your use case for forcing your app to be fullscreen, by the way? That's almost certain to be a bother to users.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Free Mobile

I know the thread is old, but the "issue" still exists and is still a problem for some developpers like me.

I am working on a VoIP app (voice over ip), and I'd like to put my app fullscreen from thumbnail (or headless) when a call arrives to display the incoming call view (like the native dialer does).
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Canada

Still not possible, there's only 2 ways to invoke your UI from headless (can be done from a thumbnailed normal app too) :
1) Hub notification
2) NotificationDialog

The second option is probably better in your case, as you can set different buttons for all options (Answer, Reject, Mute, Send to Voicemail, etc.)
Developer

RodgerLeblanc wrote:
Still not possible, there's only 2 ways to invoke your UI from headless (can be done from a thumbnailed normal app too) :
1) Hub notification
2) NotificationDialog

The second option is probably better in your case, as you can set different buttons for all options (Answer, Reject, Mute, Send to Voicemail, etc.)

The NotificationDialog still has the annoying problem of not lighting up the screen or appearing above the lock screen. However, it may unfortunately be the best you can do.

I wish VoIP apps had more options available to them, as they do on some other platforms. But I don't think BlackBerry ever got around to completing/publishing the necessary components and APIs to enable that.

Developer
My Carrier: Free Mobile

On one side it is normal to prevent some abusive use of disruptive components, but for some applications it is mandatory.
The solution would be to grant a permission to some applications so they can do that (like they do for hub integration, or at publish/review time).
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

That would need continued development of the APIs, and it seems there is not a lot of hours put into that anymore Smiley Sad
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter