Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: BB, 86ABC
My Carrier: IDEA

How to give default Click effect to custom click effect to list item in ListView

Previously i used default ListProvider using StandardListItem. Now I am customized the provider. In default one  when i click the list item its showing a border with blue rectangle. Now I want to achieve it in customized functionality. How to do this without using onTouch attribute in list item .qml file?

Pls help me.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How to give default Click effect to custom click effect to list item in ListView

You could use the onTapped gesture handler to do that, I guess. If you don't use standard list item there is no out-of-the-box way to get that click handler. You'd need to build it yourself.

That being said. They added CustomListItem to 10.2, which I believe would behave the way you want, However, I doubt you have the luxury of being able to have your min supported OS as a future OS version.
Contributor
My Device: BB, 86ABC
My Carrier: IDEA

Re: How to give default Click effect to custom click effect to list item in ListView

I already used onTapped and onTouch for this. but i want to use the default feature. So, it's not possible to use that default click effect in customization?