Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Mobifone

How to invoke applications BBM, Pictures, Music, Video,YouTube...(open application not open card or previewer)?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'd like to use invocation to open some applications such as  bbm, pictures, music, video,  facebook, twitter, linkedin,foursquare, youtube...just open application not open card or previewer.

Please help me.

Regards

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Invoke applications

Have you read this...

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invocation_framewo...

It has clear details on how to do what you are asking.

I also recommend you download the invoketarget example as this gives clear insight in to what you want to achieve.

Also just a little searching and you could have found similer postings posted just hours before.

Perhaps this should be made sticky as this seems to be the question of the week at the moment.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Re: Invoke applications

Yes I've already read this document and I can open some applications. However I want to invoke applications such as Facebook, Twitter, BBM..."just open the application not open the card or previewer". Please give me a sample code if you have implemented to open Facebook, Twitter or BBM applications.

Thanks,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Contributor
My Device: Non Blackberry User
My Carrier: Nothing

Re: How to invoke applications Facebook, Twitter, BBM...(open application not open card or previewer)?

Hello there,

Plaese refer this link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Implemetation-of-social-sites-invocation...

Hope this will help you!

Regards

Dev

Developer

Re: How to invoke applications Facebook, Twitter, BBM...(open application not open card or previewer)?

Hi dev_bb10,

Thanks for your information, but I don't want to invoke share action I want to open other applications in my application (for now I can open email, adobe reader...) but unfortunately I can't not open Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, BBM, Pictures, Musics, Videos, Story Marker, Youtube applications, the online document only have sample to invoke card or previewer. I don't know the target name of those applications.

Thanks,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Contributor
My Device: Non Blackberry User
My Carrier: Nothing

Hello trietto,

What I posted was for sharing but similarly if you want to open application you have to invoke it from you application.Also check the above link for invocation framework, please go through it thoroughly, you will get the answer.

also check this

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invoking_core_apps...

Regards

Dev

Developer

Yes I know this document, try and test successful with some applications (mail, doctogo...), but don't have documents for Pictures, Music, Video, Foursquare and not work with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube (will try again). I'want to use invocation to open those applications not share item. Have you tried to use invocation to open those apps? Please give me the example code.

Regards,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Developer

Just update the result for invocation:

- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn can open as application:

void InvokeApp::invokeFacebook(){
	InvokeManager invokeManager;
	InvokeRequest request;
	request.setTarget("com.rim.bb.app.facebook");
	request.setAction("bb.action.OPEN");
	QVariantMap payload;

payload["object_type"] = "page";
	payload["object_id"] = "328506290597521";  // BlackBerry NA Facebook page

request.setMetadata(payload);
	invokeManager.invoke(request);
}
void InvokeApp::invokeTwitter(){
	InvokeRequest request;
	request.setTarget("com.twitter.urihandler");
	request.setAction("bb.action.VIEW");
	request.setUri("twitter:connect:blackberry");
}
void InvokeApp::invokeLinkedIn(){
	InvokeRequest request;
	request.setTarget("com.linkedin.urihandler");
	request.setAction("bb.action.VIEW");
}

Now need to know the target, action, uri or mimetype for: BBM, YouTube, Pictures, Music, Videos, StoryMarker, Foursquare.

Please help me.

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Each environment has a page that lists this information for the core apps:

http://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/invoking_core_apps.html

I'll say it again, there should be one forum for invocation and one source for documentation on invocation.
Developer

I think this link is the same with cascades document, but I want to open some other core applications (BBM, Pictures, Video, Music, Story Maker, Youtube), have you known the target name of those applications?

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet