Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Dialog
Accepted Solution

How to monitor events in an app

If I am to monitor a specific app(for UI events), by adding some source code to monitor them without editing the existing files, which way should I start with. I have currently read about signals and slots, headless applications. Which approach suits my goal?

Retired
My Carrier: Vivo

Re: How to monitor events in an app

Please, provide more details. Is this monitored app yours? What kind of events do you want to monitor?

Best regards,
Rodrigo Peixoto
Contributor
My Carrier: Dialog

[ Edited ]

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

The apps I need to monitor are not written by myself. Purpose is for mobile app testing purposes.I want to capture the events from the app. For example if a user taps a specific button, i need to capture the event and send it to the command line. I need to captue all the UI events happening.

It is more like a plugin for an app which I have the source code already.But I do not need to edit the source code of the app itself. I need to program a plugin sort of thing.What should be my approach?

Thanks 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

I think the only way you could do something like this is by building a custom version of the app where you connect to signals you want to capture. You could not do it with a separate application.

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker