Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: shravan.pottala@gmail.com
My Carrier: Airtel

How to port a Symbian c,c++ based aplication to BlackBerry application directly?

[ Edited ]

Hi iam  new to Developing BlackBerry applications. 

Just now I have downloaded Native SDK for Tablet OS as it includes c,c++.

How to port a Symbian c,c++ based aplication to BlackBerry   application directly?

C,C++  does'nt work on BB mobiles?  Will Native SDK work for only Tablets ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How to port a Symbian c,c++ based aplication to BlackBerry application directly?

The Native SDK works only on the PlayBook, and will work on BB10 which is the OS the next generation of BlackBerry phones will run. For now, yes, it's on only the tablets, and there are no C++ options for developing for the older BB phones, just Java and WebWorks.

If your Symbian app is built on Qt, then porting it to BB10 should be pretty easy, but the work is still underway to port Qt to the BB10 environment and there are only some early beta releases available at this point, and no "native widget" set yet. That's going to come in the form of the "Cascades" framework, which we'll probably first see in May at the BB10 Jam conference in Orlando.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: shravan.pottala@gmail.com
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How to port a Symbian c,c++ based aplication to BlackBerry application directly?

I have installed the native sdk for playbook. When I try to run a sample project  . It is  reflecting a "

Error : launch failed No binaries".

Please tell me where can I get the missing binaries.

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Iusacell

[ Edited ]

Have you build the project first? You need to build the binaries. Before the "Run As"... double click on the project to select "Build Project" that create the binary files.

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

If no binaries are generated error is coming then you check what is set in build configuration (set Active ).

Right click on the project ---> Build Configurations ---> Set Active --> Simulator -Debug is checked instead of device-debug.

After this build the project and run and you will not get any error.