Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer account

Hub Notification: Style or skip content.

Dear BB forum,

we are developing an application that is using Notifications to display Push messages in the BlackBerry Hub. Currently, the notifications are displayed correctly and can be selected to open them, showing the body (plain text).

However, since our push messages usually contain images and other style elements we would prefer a way to invoke our App, as soon as the entry is clicked, skipping the body completely. Hopefully that is understandable, otherwise I can provide screenshots to clarify.

If the above is not possible, it would be a nice alternative to be able to style the notification body using HTML/CSS. We tested simple HTML in the notification body, which worked. Unfortunately, as soon as CSS got involved the notification body was either not shown at all, or the HTML-/CSS-Code was visible.

Is there any way to use HTML/CSS in the notification body? I can see the Facebook-notifications are heavily customized, but that may just be possible, because the app is integrated.

On a sidenote: Is there a list of available notification categories anywhere? I can see that "vibrate" is used in the examples, but a list of categories and their meanings is nowhere to be found.

Best regards,