Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Integrating Qt with QNX Momentics IDE

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

How to integrate Qt with QNX Momentics IDE 1.0.?  I got the sample hellowold app working fine in the playbook.

i did this via linux command line as per http://hecgeek.blogspot.in/2011/10/qt-for-blackberry-playbook.html

Now i need to run the same via QNX momentics IDE. I tried something as per  http://208.74.204.192/t5/Native-SDK-for-BlackBerry-Tablet/Failed-to-load-platform-plugin-quot-quot-Q...

with no luck

Thanks..

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Integrating Qt with QNX Momentics IDE

What exactly do you want to achieve?

PS: I would switch to QNX Momemntics IDE 2.0...

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

According to the Qt session this week at DevCon Europe, that isn't available. I think they are working on a plugin for the Qt IDE to help with compiling, packaging, deploying and debugging on PlayBook. Until then, you'll need to use the command line - QMake. 

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Why? I can build/package/deploy/debug QT apps from Momentics IDE. Not all QT projects need qmake...

Developer

BGmot wrote:

Why? I can build/package/deploy/debug QT apps from Momentics IDE. Not all QT projects need qmake...

Not sure. Check the Devcon Europe on-demand session on Qt Live.

http://www.blackberrydevcon.com/europe/content/on-demand

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

This just posted:

http://openbbnews.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/qt-comes-to-qnx/

Developer

"You can post your questions in the NDK section and Qt experts will help you find your answers." (c) Matthew S. (from the article)

Who is Qt expert here?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Hutchison Austria

In regards to Momentics integration, this is a half true statement. You CAN use Momentics as a glorified editor, and it can also break down for you the errors thrown by the make process.

What you, IMHO, can not currently do is use Momentics for debugging and to invoke QMake without some handywork. I plan to code a tutorial in the near future...

Highlighted
Developer

I *can* debug QT applications using Momentics. By Debug I mean run step by step instructions, set up break points, evaluate variables/expressions etc:QTHelloWorld.png

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

But how??