Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: T-Mobile HR

Invocation from backgrounded apps

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature - but when I'm try to invoke another app (browser in my specific case) from an app that's running in the background (launched by a push notification or sitting on home screen) the InvokeRequest isn't executed, as if it wasn't even there. I have tried using a NotificationDialog but that doesn't seem to work either - which is a bit puzzling since the Calendar app, for example, does it - clicking the "View details" button in "New calendar event" dialog launches the Calendar app.

Any suggestions? A bug or a feature? If a feature, is there a way to override it? :]

@liio, developer of Push to BB
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Invocation from backgrounded apps

I was told by development that tt is doing that by design.  You may want to check to see if there is an open feature request or create one.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Correct. It is by design. However we are looking in to allowing invocations from NotificationDialogs your app owns.

Shadid

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

shaque wrote:

Correct. It is by design. However we are looking in to allowing invocations from NotificationDialogs your app owns.

Shadid

Are you allow to do this yet with the latest OS?

Retired

Unfortunately not yet. Still tracking it for a future release though. I will be pushing it hard for the next OS release.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

shaque wrote:
Unfortunately not yet. Still tracking it for a future release though. I will be pushing it hard for the next OS release.

Ok.  Also invoke from Headless to UI app would be nice too.

Retired

I dont think that will ever happen for obvious reasons. We are looking in to allowing notification dialogs for headless apps though.