Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Invoke Addressbook & Calendar Application

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Whatever
My Carrier: Ukrtelecom

I get:

$ cat /pps/system/navigator/invokes/invoke.000

/pps/system/navigator/invokes/invoke.000: Permission denied

Is this method still available? Maybe someone can post a complete output?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

aesteral wrote:

I get:

$ cat /pps/system/navigator/invokes/invoke.000

/pps/system/navigator/invokes/invoke.000: Permission denied

Is this method still available? Maybe someone can post a complete output?

What method (there are multiple suggestions presented in this thread)?  Did you go through the example link I posted above? It is a complete input/output with screenshots...

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Regular Contributor

I am sorry, I should have been more specific.

I want to get a list of all invocation targets available in the system using the method dkonigs have posted in the third post of this tread.

He suggested to look through the /pps/system/navigator/invokes/invoke.000 file which I can't get access to because of file system permissions:

drwxrws---   2 upd       upd               9 Jan 08 17:53 invokes

So I suspect that this file was made unreadable by the "devuser" system account in some recent update. I am asking if there is some way to get around this or maybe if someone has a copy of this file from previous OS versions.

Developer

Not quite sure what you mean by "all invocations targets" (considering there are infinite) but the core ones are detailed here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invoking_core_app...

And the glaring omissions from that list were Contacts and Calendar, I posted how to get the calendar.  I would imagine contacts is similar.

What are you ultimately trying to do? And also realize he wrote that on Oct 31, during Beta3 which was 2 releases ago, so it may not be valid anymore.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

Regular Contributor

I want to invoke the core Contacts editor and viewer. While Contacts may be similar to Calendar they are complicated to use without invocation endpoints addresses.

Developer

Perhaps take a look at this sample: https://github.com/blackberry/Presentations/tree/master/2012-BlackBerryJam-Asia/JAM818/ContactPicker...

---

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, but that is not it. While Contact* classes and the ContactPicker class certainly do allow me to create my own contact editor, I do not really want to go all the way to copy the UI of the native Contacts editor.

I'm already using the ContactPicker to display Contacts inside my application but I want to invoke the editor if it is possible.