Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Invoke Browser as Card?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i am just playing with the invokeclient sample app and  have no luck to open the browser in a card. When i set the mimetype to "text/html" no target is detected. When i set the uri to a specific url the  browser is detected, but it allways just opens as a separate app. So is it currently (Beta3, DevAlpha A) not possible to open the browser in a card?

Developer

Re: Invoke Browser as Card?

So i guess, the current Browser on DevAlpha just does not have any cards available.

Can someone confirm this?

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

I think that what you are actually referring to is a WebView, which can be embedded into your application without invoking a separate app.

Just pass a URL to the WebView and you're good to go. This is pretty much card behaviour.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__webview.html

Developer

Thanks greenback, yes, i know i can load an url within an WebView. But in my case i prefere to invoke the complete browser with navigation and so on -but  as a card.

Ok, seems it is not possible.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Someone needs to build that card if there is high demand. Is there a specific feature of the browser that you need embedded in your app as a Card?