Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

Invoking phone's Dial Pad doesn't always succeed

Hi all

I need to invoke phone Dial Pad with prepopulated number, however, Phone::requestDialpad doesn't always work. If Phone app has never been used since phone started, then calling Phone::requestDialpad brings it up without switching to Dial Pad (if then I manually go there, I can see it populated with the number I've passed to requestDialpad). When I close Phone app and invoke Phone::requestDialpad from my app again, everything starts working - Phone app appears and switches to Dial Pad.

Is this a known issue or I am doing something wrong? I also looked into Invocaion framework, but the manual doesn't describe anything for activating Dial Pad - only for making a call and showing call log. Is there a MIME type or action for just showing Dial Pad with prepopulated number?

Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Invoking phone's Dial Pad doesn't always succeed

This sounds like a bug. The API is quite straightforward and there isnt much that you might be doing wrong here. Please open an issue with a sample code in jira.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: n/a

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatelly, submitting bug to jira is impossible - the dashboard page causes infinite refresh/reload in Opera and Chrome, and it is not visible at all to Firefox and Safary (404 error). Is there other way to report the issue?

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Hi,

I've already logged a bug:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1747

Related thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Request-Dialpad-Error-sometimes/m-p/260852...

As a temporary workaround initiate dialing directly from app:

bb::system::phone::Phone phone;
phone.initiateCall("phone number");

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter