Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

awx
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Is it possible to get the screen window group from qt?

I am trying to add an additional screen to my application which is running qt, however I can not get the screen to display unless its in the same group as the qt screen.

Is there a way to determine the qt screen group, either by using the handle to the window or some other method?

Developer

Re: Is it possible to get the screen window group from qt?

awx
New Contributor

Changing a windows zposition will work in making the window visible, but I dont think its the correct way to have my window made visible as then I would be acting as a window manager.

What does work is if I just get the winId() and join that window to a group, then I can join a non Qt window to the same group. However I was under the impression that Qt was already adding the window to a group and that its best to use that same group.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

If you are using blackberry.so as the plugin, Qt indeed created a window group.

But if this is the case, the group name is thus created by QUuid::createUuid, so it is kind of random (the intention I think is that the group name is unique regard the apps on your device).  Also the group name seems not be a property of any window, so you are not able to retrieve it even if you have a handle of window.

So simply put, I didn't know a way to do this without modifing the source code of the plugin (to let it set a group name you provide, or let it save the group name it uses so you know...).