Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Is there any way that we can convert the project from old native SDK to the current BB10 native SDK

What i asked on the subject. I had a project that was done at old native SDK, but now we start to use BB 10 native SDK. I dont really know do i have to do somethings to convert it or just do import? Does anyone can help me?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Is there any way that we can convert the project from old native SDK to the current BB10 native SDK

i would love to see an example by rim on how to port a few of their examples from playbook sdk 2 to bb10. To see hello world ported would make it worth my time to port a handfull of apps to bb10. I have tried doing this setup a few times and have given up. i don't get the whole cascades, sdk10, playbook, bb10 thing. I would write for both platforms if it was better explained how to do. I didn't even upgrade to sdk10, I went back to the old version and uninstalled. Please somebody explain which is native software to use to code on playbook and bb10. Can you use just one sdk for playbook and bb10? Help us casual coders please.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Is there any way that we can convert the project from old native SDK to the current BB10 native SDK

Just open your old workspace in SDK10 and work from there. (backup first)

SDK10 can successfully build for both PlayBook and BB10 (I've tested)