Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: It's a test device without a SIM
Accepted Solution

Is there way to use QDateTime and QDate with DateTimePicker in QML/Javascript function?

[ Edited ]

I am using a DateTimePicker to get the date/day of the week,etc picked by the user. Is there a straight-froward way of doing this without using C++?

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: Is there way to use QDateTime and QDate with DateTimePicker in QML/Javascript function?

[ Edited ]
Contributor

Re: Is there way to use QDateTime and QDate with DateTimePicker in QML/Javascript function?

Okay so the user selects a date using DateTimePicker (id: datePicker) and then a button is clicked. I want to process the date selected in a javascript function on the button click. However when I try to use: var weekDay = datePicker.values.date().dayOfWeek(); I get an error saying datePicker.values.date isn't a function.
Developer

It should be:

Developer

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I forget to attach the code :-)

var dateSelected = datePicker.value;
console.log("dateSelected=" + dateSelected);
var daywwek = dateSelected.getDay();
console.log("dayWeek=" + daywwek);

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow, thanks. Works like a charm. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Btw, were is the values.getDay() method documented? I couldn't find it on: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__datetimepicker.html#property-value

Developer

When you get the result of date picking, the line var dateSelected = datePicker.value in the code, dateSelected is a Javascript date, so you can use any method that Javascript Date class expose.