Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: developer

Issues while creating custom extension and extension using using pim contact webworks apis

[ Edited ]

I am creating custom pim contact extension in Blackberry Native SDK. In extension, need to get all contacts data as well as launch contact picker and have to get contact name, numbers and Base 64 string of contact image. When i try to build extension it is giving error:

fatal error: QtGlobal: No such file or directory

I found from below link that we can't use cascades apis to create custom extension.

Now i have some quesries listed below:

1. Is there any workaround that we can use cascades apis to create custom extension?

2. I tried to achieve my requirement with webworks api. For this i did changes in config.xml.

<feature id="blackberry.pim.contacts">
<param name="mode" value="portrait" />

<rimSmiley Tongueermissions>
<rimSmiley Tongueermit>access_pimdomain_contacts</rimSmiley Tongueermit>
</rimSmiley Tongueermissions>

and able to access apis of pim.contact placed here: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK\Framework\ext\pim.contacts

But when i tried to get all contacts using getContactAccounts() method, it is giving me two accounts simcontacts and LocalContacts and their ids are 2 and 19 respectively.

I found that i can get list of contacts by using contacts example. but it is limiting the length to 20.

3.I didn't  find any proper documentaion to get fields of my contact like: name, numbers and Base 64 string of contact image like the way they have given in Native SDK documentation. 

Please share any sample code which is retreiving all the fields of Singla contact data.

4. I need to share my contact plugin and need to expose some methods from my webworks plugin.

How can i achieve it?

Is there any way of getting code of native side for pim.contact plugin, so that i can add more methods in it and can expose these more methods to Web Works app by the making the required chnages in index.js and client.js.