Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Tablet
My Carrier: ACME Cellular

Link for Cryptography Resources in SDK?

[ Edited ]

Apparently crytography libs/apis are available with the latest beta release in July.  But I'm unable to find any documentation links on the BB site.  Can someone point me to where they are "hiding?"

Beta 2 Release Notes mentioning crypto availability:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/download/releasenotes_nativesdk/

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Link for Cryptography Resources in SDK?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think so. I'm looking for the documentation regarding use of all supported crypography such as  RSA like PKCS#1, #7, #12, etc.

This link mentioned the APIs were now available.  I doubt Blackberry would prefer most developers use the OpenSSL library directly.

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/download/roadmap/  

N2 CRYPTOGRAPHY JUL LANDED

This API provides a variety of symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms, such as AES, DES, RSA, ECIES, and many more. It also provides algorithms for key agreement and transport, such as DH, ECDH, ECMQV, RSA, a variety of digital signatures, numerous SHA, MD and HMAC hash functions, and random number generation.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

oh, I guess you are talking about  libcrypto then. Try searching for libcrypto.so on your dev or in NDK specify crypto in list of libraries and see if it works.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The crypto libs are included with the 10.0.6 release of the NDK however the official documentation is not yet available, it should be released with the next iteration of the tools in September. I would recommend waiting for the official documentation, but if you need to get started right now then the following two libs can be referenced: libsbgse56.so.0 and libhuapi.so.5

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you.  Do you have a master list of all the features released in July which has official documentation available now?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

There is no official documentation available at this time.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!