Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and 9810 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Marmalade Signing Keys used on one machine, moving to another

I developed all my previous Webworks apps on my LAPTOP (win7) and have signed them successfully and have a backup of my author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files (my my Appdata folder).

Now I am using Marmalade on my DESKTOP (winXp) and created debug versions on my app, which are ready to be released. I am having trouble SIGNING them in Marmalade Deployment Tool. I keep getting this message:

ERROR: RDK Signing Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

I have provided the tool a reference to my author.p12 file. Do I have to register this DIFFERENT computer? Am I missing something? Please help, it is so frustrating... I want to release my app already and the debug version works fine but I can't seem to get it signed! Arrgghh!!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Marmalade Signing Keys used on one machine, moving to another

The same keys can be used on multiple computers.  Did you restore the keys to the appropriate directory on your Windows XP machine?  Refer to the article below for the correct location.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker