Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Momentic Beta bugs (10.2 sdk)

Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread discussing any bugs in the new Beta rather than jumping in on other threads.

So far it's been fairly painless for me but then again I'm not building to 10.2 just the 10.1 sdk.

The only problem I've had is QML previews showing up blank with no warnings or errors just blank black or white page.

Also the 'Preprocess QML files' option has no effect for me any QML file containing custom libraries doesn't render.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Momentic Beta bugs (10.2 sdk)

Please log any bugs you find in Issue Tracker.  If you find a bug in the BlackBerry Native SDK itself, you can easily report a bug right from the IDE by click on the Help menu and choosing Report BlackBerry Native SDK Bug.  This will also include log files in the submission.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

Hi Mark, I think you made a joke right (unintentionally of course).Smiley Happy

Having put several bugs in to Jira only to be ignored (some coming up to 5 months old now) my will to do this has waned.

I was under the impression I was being helpful to BlackBerry in doing this now I just feel like it's a waste of time.

The last bug I put in just got closed off with no explanation as to why. Has it been fixed, was it considered not to be a bug, who knows???

If you want developers to tell you about bugs then your support team needs to learn how to communicate in a way that encourages rather then pisses off developers.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

If I can take the time to narrow a bug down to the simplest code example, generate a screen shot and write it up clearly in Jira surely the very least I deserve is at least once sentence when it gets closed?

BBSJdev wrote:

If I can take the time to narrow a bug down to the simplest code example, generate a screen shot and write it up clearly in Jira surely the very least I deserve is at least once sentence when it gets closed?

I totally agree with you there.  The feedback mechanism in Issue Tracker is mostly a one way street.  Some of this is due to the way Issue Tracker synchronizes with our internal bug tracking system.  Up to now, only the status has changed but even that isn't always up to date.  BlackBerry is in the process of updating it's internal bug tracking system and we plan to do an overhaul of Issue Tracker over the summer.

I can assure you that bugs logged in Issue Tracker are triaged and sent to our internal development teams.  That only happens for bugs reported here in the forums if someone from BlackBerry happens to read it.  We don't read all posts, but we do read all Issue Tracker submissions.

Mark Sohm

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

You might want to add some anonymous feedback form that populates a JIRA issue on the fly. Generally I care more about my time required to log in and enter an issue, than I do about the issue. So in those cases nothing will get reported, except maybe a side comment on the forums or twitter. If I could make or easily copy that side comment into a very simple form and hit a button... then you'll get it in JIRA too. If its not something that I have more info to provide, then you don't need me in JIRA.

Yes, we hear that often too.  Part of the Issue Tracker facelift will be to simplify the submission process.  Right not it asks you to fill out a lot of fields you really don't need to.

Mark Sohm

Developer

Mark,

As always thanks for your considered response, part of the reason for posting here is to get feedback first on whether others are seeing the same problem.

Since no-one responded to this post with even a 'Me too', I'm not convinced it's not just something I've done to my setup and so I'd be hesitant to enter it anyway.

I look forward to the Jira updates and hopefully some responses to some of the entered issues.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

submitting a bug from Momentics is quite quick and straightforward, no need for login and only a few fields to be filled out.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter