Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Momentics 10.2 debugger does not work

Well, if I am going to debug the debugger, I would need to do run debugger for

1. App created from scratch in 10.2

2. Import a sample app specifically for 10.2

3. Import a sample app that was created in 10.1

(And hope that the sample apps are as large and complex as my application)

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Can I suggest you might be overthinking it and slightly misunderstanding what I was asking.

Why not submit an error using Momentics, Help->Report BlackBerry Native SDK Bug and then someone from BlackBerry will investigate it with you.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I originally posted here about this issue in September, and was asked by Paul Bernhardt to post a JIRA but I don't believe I ever did because I wan't sure if it was an IDE issue or something wrong with my setup or device, and I suspected I may just not have enough RAM.

A search turned up this unresolved one from a whole year ago, which I think may be the same issue. It was updated in May 2013 but doesn't seem to have gone any further. It is exactly the scenario I am seeing... Run from Momentics on a device works fine, but Debug doesn't.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I tried all the obvious stuff. If you have time to post a JIRA, then let me know that you did otherwise I'll post one tomorrow afternoon sometime after I finish my implementation.

Developer

I will post one, but it may not be tonight. I will post details here and I hope all the usual suspects will go upvote it. This time I will wait to report back here until the JIRA is made public since a lot of times when people can't get into it, even if they are interested, they forget to go back and upvote when the JIRA goes public.

bb10H36 wrote:

I tried all the obvious stuff. If you have time to post a JIRA, then let me know that you did otherwise I'll post one tomorrow afternoon sometime after I finish my implementation.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

You are better off sending this kind of problem from Momentics as it will send a log file with it that may be helpful.
Also has the benefit of not using Jira. :-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

@BBSJdev

Will do.

Developer

Please forgive me, I have not posted this JIRA as I promised. I had some family commitments that occupied much of my time, and then when I was ready to send it in, I was surprised to find that I am able to debug on my z10 device again, but I don't know what suddenly restored this capability.

The problem is that I have had a lot of changes to my configuration over the past two weeks. At first I thought it was because I am using the new limited developer edition Z10 I just received, but when I tried it with my old regular Z10 I discovered I can debug now on that one too. About ten days ago I upgraded from a Win7 Ultimate laptop with 4GB of RAM to a new 16GB laptop running Win8.1. Immediately after upgrading I tested and found that I still couldn't debug on a physical device, but now suddenly I can and I don't know why.

My suspicion is that I didn't have enough RAM before since 4GB is really just the bare minimum needed to run Momentics properly, especially with a simulator. My only suggestion at this point is that if you only have 4GB you may need to upgrade.

As I can no longer submit a meaningful bug report log from Momentics, and since I can't test any suggestions from the BlackBerry development team, I don't feel I am the appropriate person to submit this bug report and I suggest that somebody else who is still encountering the issue should report it instead.